COVID POLICIES FOR RAMP CAMP
We are all going to have to work together to make this summer safe and fun for our campers. Here are some actions we ask of you to keep your family and our staff safe this summer.
• You must screen your child before coming in the park. If they show any of the symptoms of COVID-19 listed by the CDC, please do not bring them to the park. Please notify us that your camper will not coming in and we can make arrangements to enroll them in another camp if necessary.
• We know this may be hard for campers who are friends but to keep order and everyone safe parents must explain to their camper that they cannot touch any other camper or camper’s equipment. There will be a strict no touching policy.
• We request that you disclose if anyone in your family has tested and is currently positive for COVID-19 at the time of dropping the camper off.
• If your child has been removed from camp for having symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you get your child tested and inform us of the result.
Camp Procedure Changes
Due to sanitation and time restraints, there will be no community tools or camper bike tune up. We expect all parents to get their camper’s bike/scooter/skate tuned before camp. Even small adjustments would require full sanitizing protocol and take away from class time, we are requesting that you have your child’s bike/scooter/skate in running order.
In the past, an instructor may have used techniques, such as helping to steer a camper’s handlebars or giving them a push to help them get over a ramp. In order to reduce the spread of COVID-19, instructors will not be making contact with campers or their gear unless they require first aid. Because of this, instructors may need to spend more time on fundamental skill components in order for your camper to have the competency needed to ride over terrain that we may have previously offered physical assistance in completing. Please prepare your child to be patient and follow their instructor’s direction.
• Campers will have designated places to put their gear and there will be no locker access. We recommend not sending your camper with any valuables.
• To avoid large crowds, each group will meet and store their belongings in different areas of the park.
• At Check-In and in class there will be designated places to sit.
• There will be no activities that put campers or instructors close to one another.
• An instructor, staff member or camper who has come in contact with a person that is positive with COVID-19 must stay home and monitor health and must follow the CDC’s criteria before discontinuing home isolation and quarantine.
• An instructor, staff member or camper is showing any symptoms of COVID-19, they must stay home and monitor health and must follow the CDC’s criteria before discontinuing home isolation and quarantine.
• An instructor, staff member or camper who has tested positive with COVID-19 cannot return to camp until cleared by a health care professional.
• If a staff member or camper is showing signs of COVID-19 they will be immediately separated from group and sent home.
• If a staff member, camper or parent was showing symptoms of COVID-19 and entered the building, all areas they were in will be closed until they are sanitized.
• Strict no touching policy of other camper/staff or camper’s/Staff’s bike/scooter/skate gear or personal effects. Second strike the camper will be sent home.
• All staff, instructors, campers and parents must wear a mask when in close proximity with others. (North Carolina State Mandate)
• All staff and instructors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the facility.
• All staff, instructors, campers and parents will be expected to follow CDC hygiene protocols.
• If someone in your family has tested positive for COVID-19, we request that you notify our staff so we can notify families of other campers that your child may have been in contact with. Please email email@example.com.
• If you’re child has been removed from camp for having symptoms of COVID-19, we request that you get your child tested and inform us of the result.
• The foam pit is open.